Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Toronto to Winnipeg

The flight from Toronto to Winnipeg was probably the best yet.  It was the largest plane so far but the pilot was great too.  We could see many of the smaller islands and inlets during take off and landing across the great lakes.  Beautiful views.  We were in our hotel by three so we headed downtown to the hisorical part of Winnipeg called The Forks.  The Red River and Assiniboine River meet there so there is a lovely river walk and lots of tourist stops as well as their annual Folkorama going on.  It is a celebration of the many nations represented in the city of Winnipeg.  Too tired to blog last night, but for the little fishermen in my life we are headed to Lake Winnipeg today and the catfish capital of the world, Selkirk,   Even if I don't catch one I do plan to eat one!  I don't know how to send pics from yesterday off my phone because we didn't take any with the camera so I'll try to text a few of the flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment